When William Heikkinen does something, he always gives it his best. This is a tactic he learned from playing sports. Growing up he played baseball, basketball, and football. Even though he played a number of sports, Will was also an excellent student and found himself on the honor roll often. In his “spare time” he volunteered in the community.
During his high school years, Will donned a number 85 jersey and played on his school’s football team, the Golden Warriors in Andover, Massachusetts. He played so well in fact, that he made the Brown University college team. All those year of practice and playing has prepared him for this challenge.
While in high school, William Heikkinen received recognition for his many achievements including:
- Lettering in football three consecutive years
- Lettering in track and field
- Named First Team All-State by The Boston Globe and Boston Herald
(after recording 72 catches for 1,175 yards and 9 touchdowns his senior year)
- Selected to the All-Merrimack Valley Conference
- Named Student Athlete of the Month by the Eagle-Tribune
- High school football career total 126 catches for 1,960 yards
- Seven career interceptions on defense
- Winner of the Chemistry and Survey of Film Underclassmen awards
This is only the beginning for Will. Earning a diploma from an Ivy League school and playing wide receiver on the football team are just the beginning for this very talented young man.